Throughout its history, MCB has been closely involved in promoting the interests of the community as gauged by its unrelenting support to worthy causes through multiple initiatives designed to contribute to the welfare of society at large. Driven by the belief that investment in communities is a fundamental part of its responsibilities as a corporate citizen, MCB reached another milestone in terms of its social engagement in January 2010 with the creation of the MCB Forward Foundation as a stepping stone towards more effectively and efficiently managing its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities

The Foundation

The Foundation

As the focal point for the social involvement of MCB, the Foundation aims at creating sustainable value for the social, environmental and economic well-being of the community, through the provision of human, logistical and financial resources to earmarked initiatives on behalf of the Group alongside developing strategic partnerships with committed stakeholders.

Our Services

Since its inception in 2010, the Foundation has been active, either directly or on the basis of its collaboration with NGOs, in various fields relating to the eradication of absolute poverty, support to vulnerable groups, the preservation of Mauritius’ natural and cultural heritage, education and sports, as well as the provision of technical and logistical assistance to NGOs.

Our Services


The Foundation taps into an array of resources made available by MCB, encompassing in particular:

CSR Funding

Annual CSR funding representing 2% chargeable income of each of the Group’s subsidiaries for the preceding year


MCB’s extensive network of 40 branches, enabling the Foundation to respond in a prompt and targeted manner to the social needs of the various regions while ensuring proximity at grassroots level.


A team of dedicated professionals having a proven track-record in social works.


Socially responsible staff from MCB having predispositions for volunteer work.

Corporate Social Responsibility

Entities liable to CSR shall remit to MRA an additional 25% of their CSR funds (thus raising the total amount of CSR remitted from 50% to 75%) as from January 2019 . However the Budget 2018-2019 makes provision for entities to continue using this additional 25% for the programmes they currently support, subject to approval by the National CSR Foundation.